raving rabbids

so, as i mentioned before, jen and i are the proud parents of a new wii. and one of our favorite games is rayman raving rabbids. it’s got to be one of the funniest designed games i’ve played in a long time. anyhoo, there are these bunnies in the game that crack me up and, since this week’s drawergeeks theme was ‘rabbit’, i couldn’t think of anything else to draw:

bunnies.jpg

unfortunately, i’m all kind of busy right now and had to kinda rush through this one. so it doesn’t do justice to the bunnies at all. maybe i’ll have at them again when i have a little more free time on my hands. still, they were as fun to draw as they are to fight!

Tags:

1. Keath’s avatar

I’m totally video game illiterate but if the game itself is half as much fun as your drawing of it is then it sounds like a good night in :)

I love the composition of the piece, the building wave as it goes from left to right. I’m thinking I would have done mirror image and it totally wouldn’t have come out as well. There’s probably some drawing principle there – doesn’t eye movement go top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left?

Ironically enough, that glimmer of background in the top right totally makes the wave of bunnies seem more immense. (And if you ever get a google search hit off “immense wave of bunnies” I REALLY want to know :) )

2. Muffin’s avatar

Haha, these rabbits are so funny. The facial expressions are the best. :D And the toilet-thingies, you know – they really ARE good weapons. I’ve used them plenty of times.

3. Bryan B.’s avatar

Man, I’ve been trying to put aside my desire to get a Wii, and dude, this picture and your descriptions aren’t helping at all. Nope. Not at all.

4. Ian’s avatar

I haven’t heard of the game before but your illustration is adorable. Yep that’s right, I said adorable – that’s a manly word right?

5. bruna’s avatar

Awesome bunnies!!! Awesome colors!! I played wii on a friend’s party last week. It was really fun until my younger (but very tall) brother knock me out a bit. He said it was an ‘accident’ but I just thought it would be better to play far away from him the rest of the game… In the end, this Wii stuff seemed kinda dangerous, if you ask me… If you add raving rabbids to the equation, I think more ‘accidents’ are bound to happen. Wii are scared!!!
    =D
    b.

6. ali’s avatar

congrats to the two of you on your new baby wii! i’ve bowled on my nephews, and it definitely is addictive . . . and i want one! now even more! these bunnies are crazy awesome!! wiiiiiii! :)

7. Mish’s avatar

any game where you can pummel rabbits with plungers is a good game.

8. Sarah!’s avatar

Ha ha ha. Please tell me you will convince the wii people to make this into a t-shirt.

9. alina’s avatar

OOOH MY, I love these rabbits!! Now I want to check out the game too!

10. laura’s avatar

Great work! I love the game, it’s especially good with four players and a slightly vulgar sense of humor. Your drawing captures the rabbits great, though they are not nearly as scary as in the game. The game rabbits make you want to pummel them, but your rabbits look much nicer ^_^

11. Alexiev Gandman’s avatar

Great image, I love you rabit’s… Good Blog…

Best regards…

Alexiev

12. mike’s avatar

thanks bunches of carrots, everyone! like laura said- my bunnies really don’t capture the creepiness of them. is it weird that i actually think they are more cute and less creepy? anyhoo- it’s a game worth checking out! jen actually just finished the story mode two days ago so now we have all these really fun mini games to play. :)

i wish i had time to respond to each of you individually. just know that i think you are all awesome.

13. kathie’s avatar

i rly like it. it looks just funny :)…
    i’m going to use this for an myspace layout for a friend…
    i hope it is okay. if it isn’t ( or if it is ) please write an email ( punkt.komma@hotmail.de ) so that i know if you are in agreement with this.

best regrads,
    kathie

14. Maura’s avatar

I LOVE that game!! I had to play it until I beat it sensless with a plunger. I’ve tried to explain how much fun it is to swing a cow over your head and fling it as far as you can, but people just don’t understand. Glad to know I am not the only crazy out there. And I love the illustration. The little flying dude at the top with the goofy grin is my favorite. The illustration has a lot of movement, and best of all, it’s just funny!!

15. Pucca_queen12’s avatar

hey this is cute rabbits are so adorable and so are toilets!!

16. Meredith’s avatar

“Rushed through it”? Dude, this has to be the single most brilliant piece of artwork I have ever observed in my 17 years. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a bit. But I LOVE this picture. I crack up every time I see it and it’s the background for my desktop.

17. JAQUE’s avatar

RAYMAN RAVING RABIDS IS MY FAVORITE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!