i got so busy over the weekend that i didn’t get a chance to post the drawing i did for friday’s drawergeeks. i present to you, the mullets!
the subject was rednecks, but i think mine came out a little bit more hillbilly then redneck. i’m actually a big fan of jug band music. there’s a wonderful earthy energy to it all. big fan of the banjo too.
in the spirit of music, this feels like a good time to list what my ten favorite albums that came out in 2007 were. they may not have been the best albums, but they were the ones i found myself listening to the most often. listed in semi-particular order, with no linking because linking takes too long.
- Sunset Rubdown – Random Spirit Lover
- Radiohead – In Rainbows
- Arcade Fire – Neon Bible
- Bloc Party – A Weekend in the City
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Baby 81
- David Crowder Band – Remedy
- Modest Mouse – We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
- Kings of Leon – Because of the Times
- Deas Vail – All The Houses Look The Same
- Travis – The Boy with No Name
if your favorite album is not on there, it means i did not hear it or it’s number eleven.