obligatory music post

because i haven’t posted about music in a while, here are some of the bands i’m really into right now:

she & him- i think i’m in love with zooey deschanel. what i mean is, i love you jen, but i also love zooey deschanel.

sigur ros- takk was my favorite album of 2005 and now með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust (with a buzz in our ears we play endlessly) is probably my favorite album of this year so far.  these guys just know what i want to hear in my music. namely, swells and great melody.

the helio sequence- and broken afternoon is probably my favorite song right now. i can’t get enough of this band.

cherry ghost- thirst for romance is a great album.  pure and simple.

thomas newman- this awesome summer movie season (as well as xfm’s cinemagic station) has revitalized my love of scores, and wall-e is the one playing on repeat right now. newman’s strength is emphasizing emotion, and wall-e is great at this. (also good- but more fun- is kung fu panda by hans zimmer and john powell!)

the verve- has everyone heard the new single yet??  august 19th cannot get here quick enough!

and yes, i saw hellboy.  loved it.  more on that later.

1. Jen Maihack’s avatar

sooo, if i play a guitar and sing all cutesy like, will that put at the top of the list??

i love you too, and I love Zooey as well :)

2. Liana Engie’s avatar

Hahaha, I’m actually listening to Sigur Ros right now. I do like that album a lot.

3. scott’s avatar

Don’t worry Jen, Mike can’t have Zooey, she’s mine. Please don’t tell my wife.

4. mike’s avatar

jen- can someone say menage au tres?

liana- track seven. soooooooo good.

scott- can someone say blackmail?

5. Keath’s avatar

Ha ha – I told Jen tonight that Brooke Waggoner was the perfect mix of Mike-Music and Keath-Music – mellow enough to relax you but enough going on that it won’t put me to sleep :) By the way, you can download her EP free off her website.

I’ve been listening to Frank Black’s 93>03 – quite good!

6. mike’s avatar

downloading it right now! :D

7. megan’s avatar

Zooey is just so lovely, she is my favorite style icon! I love her voice, but felt a bit underwhelmed by she + him… :( Of course you know how I feel about Sigur Rós, I’m so sad they’re once again coming nowhere near upstate. Urghh!

8. Unknown’s avatar

Mumford and Sons = The Future of Folk Music

AA Bondy = The Next Bob Dylan!!!!

9. mike’s avatar

dude- rock! or uh… folk!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Twitter Updates

Chilling in my hotel lobby. Drinking some tea. Catching up on all the #SDCC stuff I've missed because I'm actually at #SDCC 10 hrs ago

Guys I've only been in the #SDCC hall for 15 min and already want to buy soooo much stuff. 1 day ago

Totally clueless wandering around #SDCC vicinity and stumble across Art of HTTYD2 exhibit at Chuck Jones gallery. So much amazing! 1 day ago

On shelves